|The aorta is the large artery seen rising up from the heart,|
with arteries branching upward to the head, then curving down
Heart's Top Three
- I am being confused with aortic disease in the chest.
- Aorta, you are so important! If you start bleeding around me, I may stop beating.
- If it's not the Heart, check the Aorta!
Let me tell you and everyone, Aorta, being famous is not such a great thing. Have you done a search online lately, Aorta? The headlines scream about "Heart Problems", when you, Aorta, are the one with the problems. In these articles, aneurysm and dissection are mentioned - this is about you, Aorta, not me. How confusing is that! I know we are both in the chest, but in the year 2016 we should know better. There are enough problems that do belong to me, the Heart, without confusing me with aortic disease in the chest too. This is not just bad for my reputation, it is dangerous for the whole Body. We need to be very clear - is it a Heart attack, or is it the Aorta? Sometimes, in death, only an autopsy can tell for sure. I, the Heart, do not want to be blamed for deaths caused by Aorta!
- Nobody knows who I am.
- If they do know who I am, they seem to either not respect me or be terrified of me.
- Please, fix me before I break.